Invisalign Braces in North Vancouver
Well, here at Bayview Lonsdale Dentist, we can make that wish come true with the innovative Invisalign system.
Invisalign is a customized transparent tray that fits over the teeth and works to gently shift and gradually straighten your teeth without using traditional metal braces.
What is Invisalign?”
Invisalign® offers one of the most discreet teeth straightening solutions available. Unlike traditional branches, Invisalign®uses clear plastic aligners that are nearly invisible and completely removable. These aligners allow you to eat, sleep and enjoy your daily routine without interruption while gradually achieving a straighter smile.
Why You Should Consider Getting Invisalign
Invisalign is a great orthodontic option for parents, teenagers, and adults searching for an alternative to traditional braces. They are an attractive option for many who are concerned about the aesthetic appearance of metal braces, as they are clear and hardly visible when appropriately fitted to your teeth.
They are also ideal for those wanting a removable option that can be taken out for eating, brushing, flossing or special events where you want to sport your natural teeth.
One of the biggest benefits for those using Invisalign is the time it takes for the changes to happen. Typically, you can expect Invisalign to work in half the time of metal braces and in this time, you can expect safe, comfortable, and effective results.
Get Invisalign Clear Braces at Bayview Lonsdale Dentist
If you are interested in learning how Invisalign clear dental aligners work, we have explained the process in detail below:
- Start by making an appointment with our friendly dental team to discuss your smile goals and expectations.
- We will do a full evaluation of your mouth, including your teeth, gums, and surrounding structures.
- Then, we will take dental radiographs (x-rays) and create a 3D model of your teeth to create a customized treatment plan.
- We use the exam, x-rays, and model to provide specifications to the Invisalign lab, where they will craft your custom invisible braces.
- The lab will send back your clear aligners, and you will visit us for a proper fitting, where we will make any required changes.
- Once fitted, you can make the Invisalign braces part of your daily routine.
- For best results, you will wear them for twenty-two hours a day.
- They will fit perfectly over your teeth and you will wear this first model for two weeks. During this time, you will notice shifting and changing, and eventually, the loosening of the previously tight-fitting tray. Once they loosen, it’s time for your next set.
- We will monitor your progress and make changes when necessary.
- You can expect to visit our office every six weeks or so to re-examine your teeth until they are ready to be removed permanently.
Things to Consider Before Getting Invisalign
It’s important to note that Invisalign is not the best solution for everyone. It’s created to specifically correct misalignment issues caused by crowding, gapping, and bad bites (overbites, underbites, crossbites). If you suffer from other dental issues, aligners may not be suitable for you.
It is important that you are ready to make a commitment. While Invisalign is a wonderful option for many, it also requires both a financial and time commitment. It is not the least expensive option on the market as it utilizes innovative technologies that take time and cost more.
It’s a good idea to review your finances and extended dental coverage to see if this is a good investment for you. To get the most out of your Invisalign, you will need to wear them for at least twenty to twenty-two hours a day to maximize their efficacy. If you are ready to invest in yourself, you will reap the many benefits of Invisalign teeth straightening.
The Benefits of Invisalign
- Feel Good: A huge benefit of Invisalign is its comfort compared to traditional metal braces. The aligners are designed to be a perfect fit so you won’t experience an uncomfortable, bulky sensation, and they won’t cause pain and irritation to your gums.
- Look Good: There is no need to worry about the appearance of your braces, as they often go completely unnoticed. This is advantageous for teens because it won’t negatively impact self-esteem. Instead, these clear braces will covertly make positive changes. Adults can appreciate the transparent aligners and forgo feeling they are not age-appropriate, as they look good at any age.
- Do Good: As you are able to remove the braces when needed, you can take them out to perform good oral hygiene routines. Take them out to brush, floss, and enjoy your favourite meals. Food restrictions are also less limited as the braces are not affected during eating.
- Good Times: Invisalign saves you time in both duration of overall wear and the frequency of trips to our Invisalign clinic. Nothing but good times ahead!
Once your Invisalign treatment is complete, we will work with you to maximize the effects achieved by the clear braces. We will educate you on proper oral care, including brushing techniques, and flossing habits, and provide you with any additional orthodontic treatment and devices, like teeth whitening and night-time retainers.
Book an Appointment for Invisalign in Vancouver
If you are ready to invest in yourself and your smile, contact our Invisalign dentists to book a consultation to get started. Bayview Lonsdale Dentist is the perfect path to straight teeth as:
- We are a Silver Invisalign provider.
- We offer payment plans both in-office and via third-party financing.
- We offer $100 thank you gift cards for any Invisalign referrals.
Come meet with our expert dentists in our beautiful Bayview Lonsdale clinic. Enjoy free parking, friendly-multilingual staff, and extended hours to suit your needs. We look forward to making you smile!
Bayview Lonsdale Dentist is proud to be a silver Invisalign provider
Bayview Lonsdale Dentist is proud to be a Silver Invisalign Provider, but what does that mean and how does it impact our patients?
What does it mean to be a Silver Invisalign provider?
This is a ranking system created by Invisalign and based on the number of successful Invisalign treatments. The fact that we are Silver means that we have successfully provided Invisalign treatment to a large number of patients.
What does that mean for you?
This means that we have a proven track record you can trust. Our Silver ranking helps you to have confidence that you are choosing an Invisalign provider with a history of providing Invisalign treatments with successful outcomes for our patients.
What does it mean to be a Silver Invisalign provider?
How much does Invisalign cost?
You are looking at a financial investment of about $3000, but everyone’s treatment will vary, as will the final cost. Your extended health benefits may cover some or all of your braces to save you from out of pocket expenses, so consult with your provider to see if your plan has any coverage. We also help offset the financial burden for those that may need assistance. Ask us about our in-house payment plans and third-party financing.
Is Invisalign covered by insurance in Canada?
Check with your extended dental benefits to see if you are eligible for coverage. There is no national or provincial coverage that covers this.
Is Invisalign treatment painful?
Invisalign is relatively comfortable and doesn’t irritate your gums or teeth. You will not see it and barely feel it!
Can I eat and drink with Invisalign in?
No. It’s necessary to remove it while consuming your snacks and meals. The upside is there are no dietary restrictions, as you won’t have to worry about damaging metal wires and brackets. Enjoy all of your favourite foods, but do it with your braces out!
Water is the only beverage you should drink with your Invisalign on. Gum is also prohibited, so break the habit if you are a chronic gum chewer.
Can I take my aligners off whenever I need to?
Yes, they can be removed when necessary, but they should be worn twenty to twenty-two hours a day to achieve viable results.
Can anyone get Invisalign?
No, not everyone is a candidate for Invisalign, as it is only designed to correct a handful of orthodontic problems. It is best for correcting bites, crowded teeth, and visible gaps. Please call our Invisalign clinic to see if this is the best option for you and your smile!